Health Promotion Center
General Check-up Information
- Subject of general check-up include head of local households, insurance holder through work and family members/dependents over 40 years of age
- Once every 2 years, every year for non-office workers
- 40/66 years of age are eligible for examination for transitional age and are excluded from general check-up
Mailing and Receipt of General Check-up Notice (National Health Insurance Corporation)
- Sent via mail
- If you lost or did not receive the notice, you can get it reissued at the nearest NHIC branch.
- For work insurance holder, notice is sent to the company or home.
Primary Check-up (Testing institution)
1. Physical exam, consultation, height, weight, waist measurement, BMI, eyesight, hearing, blood pressure
2. Total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglyceride
3. AST(SGOT), ALT(SGPT), gamma GTP
4. Fasting blood sugar
5. Urinary protein, serum creatinine, GFR, hemoglobin
6. Chest X-ray
7. Oral exam
8. KDSQ-P screening
Notice of primary check-up results (Testing institution)
- Mailed to the address by testing institution within 15 days from the primary check-up
- Health risk assessment(HRA)
- Secondary check-up performed on patients suspected of diseases on primary check-up
Secondary check-up appointment (Testing institution)
- Confirm primary check-up result report
- Secondary check-up is only available for patients that are suspected of illness in the primary check-up.
- Unless unavoidable (moving to another region, closure of testing institution, etc.), secondary check-up must be done at the same institution where primary check-up was done.
- Must bring an ID and the result report
- If you lost or did not receive the report, you can have it re-issued at the primary testing institution.
Secondary check-up (Testing institution)
- Common : Physical exam, consultation
- Hypertensive disease – Patient suspected of hypertension in primary check-up : Check blood pressure
- Diabetes- Suspected patients in primary check-up that want to be tested : Measure fasting blood sugar
- Cognitive dysfunction- Patients in high risk group for cognitive dysfunction in primary check-up : KDSQ-C test and consultation
Notice of secondary check-up results (Testing institution)
- Mailed to the address by testing institution within 15 days from the secondary check-up